SKYPERION can help prisons protect against drones used for contraband smuggling
Prisons face challenges from smugglers using drones to deliver drugs, weapons, mobiles and other contraband onto the facility. As a result, drone detection is critical to maintaining the highest standard of security. Prisons can use SKYPERION to monitor their perimeter, airspace and centralized facilities. Advanced warning of drone activity can be provided by the systems alerts, providing law enforcement with the opportunity to quickly counteract threats to the security and safety of the facility.
SKYPERION RF and EO sensors can be mounted near exterior boundaries, whilst being managed and maintained remotely. The system is linked to a browser-based interface allowing users view activity in real time. Once a drone is detected, SKYPERION alerts via an alarm.
- Provide advanced warning of consumer-grade drones commonly used by smugglers and other unauthorized users
- Geolocate signals associated with drone activity, including the handset
- Contributes to more comprehensive surveillance through monitoring of air space as well as ground perimeters
- Supplements and integrates with existing security systems for swift law enforcement response
- Preserve data from alerts for use as digital evidence in legal proceedings
Last modified: October 31, 2016